Effective Communication is Our Main Goal
University Relations strives to enhance the visibility of Columbus State University. We serve students, faculty, staff, alumni and others by:
- Responding to, and coordinating, media inquiries.
- Overseeing, in cooperation with CSU's Web Team, the university's Internet presence.
- Reporting and writing news and feature stories for local, regional and national media, as well as internal dissemination.
- Designing and developing content for publications, both in print and on the Web.
- Providing graphic arts support related to a wide range of media forms, including print and TV ads, billboards, brochures, magazines, books and more.
- Writing and editing consultation.
Campus Publication Requirements
All publications from the university should reflect the overall image, message and mission of the university. They should be attractive, consistent in their use of logos, speak to the their targeted audience and include the words Columbus State University — not just CSU — on the front and back.
Faculty, Staff Advised to Cooperate with Media
When reporters call, CSU faculty and staffers are encouraged to offer factual information within the scope of their work roles. Be sure to check out our advice for dealing with such calls.
Richards Hall 241