Webcam allows real-time view of main campus landmark
Columbus State University's Thomas Y. Whitley Clock Tower serves as a main campus landmark, common timepiece, visual signature for university branding and a memorial to Columbus State's founding president.
Dedicated on Sept. 20, 1991, the 70-foot structure is often a gathering place for outdoor events. Its chime on the hour and half hour are often a reminder to get to class. Part of the tower was built with bricks salvaged from the former Shannon Hosiery Mill on Talbotton Road, which was the founding site of Columbus College in 1958. The tower's namesake retired in 1979, but his legacy lives on, thanks to CSU's top annual alumni award.